I am currently running a 10 week course on Confidence, and it is the most amazing experience to see the confidence of the attendees emerging. We have just had week 4 – and the participation, and sharing of experiences is so good, which enhances the learning for all. The environment created is a safe one, where the attendees are supported, and only required to share what they feel comfortable with, and as a group, we all agree to absolute confidentiality ‘Chatham house rules’ – ‘What’s said in the room, stays in the room’
A lot of what we are doing is quite thought provoking and about getting to know yourself better, so you can make better choices for yourself, and feel confident stepping out into new situations, to do what it is you enjoy, to stand up for and look after YOU.
So far we have covered;
week 1 – What is Confidence and Self-confidence? What is confidence to you?
week 2 – Understanding yourself, and how your mind works and what makes you You, getting to Know yourself
week 3 – How we learn and why we kind find change difficult, even if it’s good for us!
week 4 – Perception, Beliefs and stepping out of your comfort zone
week 5 will be – Communication. Saying No and saying Yes. Body language. Getting your message across and being heard
…and so much more over the 10 weeks
I present a subject, and we have discussion, there is active participation, worksheets and lovely things to try and ‘homework’ 🙂
I absolutely Love what I do. Seeing the small shifts, and big leaps people make, the smiles and laughs – is priceless
Why I love what I do – click on the link if you would like to watch the video
We all have times where it’s not another person’s behaviour that surprises us, it’s our own.
This can sometimes be in the positive, though quite often not.Facing up to yourself, even though it can be hard, is the best thing to do. You will never regret it.
To dwell is not to grow, so even if the lesson is a painful one, it is far better to learn from it, than get stuck in blame or regret and beating yourself up.
Try to separate the behaviour from the person.
The person we are, is not our behaviour in times of stress, anger, hurt, feeling uncertain, or unsafe, we are merely doing the best we know how at the time, to survive a situation, not always very well, and usually not with the intention to hurt or harm, but the outcome is rarely good.
Reflect on your actions and take responsibility.
Try to understand yourself better, and what triggered your behaviour, in a kind gently challenging way, as you would a best friend, so that you can be open to finding a way to let go, and learn how to ‘pause’ and choose how you would like to act, rather than to react, in the future.
Do say sorry if you need to, be sincere, and know it may or may not be accepted.
Forgive yourself and others – you’re only human after all, and it’s hard to get it right, all of the time.
If you would like help to feel better about yourself- to step into a better version of you, to understand unhelpful patterns of behaviour you may be experiencing…
Then do get in touch for a free chat
I help you from a place of genuine experience, and wanting you to feel so much better, and embrace who you are.
We all make mistakes- sometimes costly ones, but you can break the cycle and be a happier You
The attendees shared the value of what they had learnt on the MOTIVATE course.
From more efficient task management and completing a whole task, by concentrating on it, and feeling more accomplished at the end of a day, to setting up a writing club, to aid with accountability and also support with getting a book completed, and ticking things off that were on the vision board / wish list.
Amazing everyone – great to hear of the success and that your are moving forward with your goals.
My newsletter from February 2018 🙂
Please note, the contact number for your Confidence Coach has changed to:
07973 442 056
✨Create the world you want to be part of.Starting with You. ✨
You be the person you want to spend time with, love and laugh with.
Every thought you have created your outer world.
As within – so without.
Your world begins and ends with a You. You are the centre of your universe.
I see clients who want so much to be right in their lives, to ‘be happy’ to have the right partner, job, friends, life – once you really get to know You, your true self, and let go of anger resentment frustration and guilt, and concentrate on being the person you would love to be around – everything changes – I know
Our Mind, Body and Soul are linked.
Looking after yourself in every respect, creates balance in your life
You cope well in all areas of your life by looking after You, perform better, reaching your potential, by being a healthy happy You.
Putting You first is not selfish, it is essential.
‘If you’re OK, you world is better’
- Cleanse your body and keep your mind clear by drinking plenty of water. By staying hydrated – you perform better, it helps your immune system, keeps your joints supple, and aids digestion. You will also have better skin.
- Nourish your body with great food, that fuels you, and aids your body to stay healthy.
- Make time for You – to do the things that feed your Soul, like art, nature, music, reading, travel or spending time with family and friends
- Exercise – to keep your body and mind healthy – the benefits of regular exercise are amazing, helping you to not only keep fit, but to help keep a healthy mindset, to feel energised and to sleep better. I like to exercise outside, and I then feel like I’m feeding my soul too.
- Get enough sleep. As we all know, lack of sleep really can make you feel under par, and affects everything that you do. It can lead to feeling stressed, not coping so well with situations and people. Real lack of sleep can lead to accidents too, as poor sleep affects the cognitive ability of your mind, your co-ordination and reaction times. If you think your poor sleep is due to ill health, then you must seek advice from your GP. Do try and have a good bedtime routine, wind down properly, like having a relaxing bath, warm milky drink, cutting out on caffine, switching off devices, listening to relaxing music, or read / listen to a book etc…
- Spend time with people that make you feel good, that support you, where you can be yourself. We generally feel happier, if we feel we belong, and are accepted in some way.
- Learn to say NO to others so you don’t burden yourself with doing too much for others, at the expense of You, and what you need. It can help to say: “let me check I can do that for you” if someone asks you to do something, this gives you a ‘pause‘ to really think about whether you truly have the time, or want to do what has been asked of you.
- Take up mindfulness or meditation – most especially if you suffer with anxiety, stress or depression, chronic illness or pain. The overall health benefits for your mind, body and soul are incredible.
- Get a hobby or interest – doing something you love, with likeminded people, and being part of a community, has huge health benefits. You could join a sport group and not only have comeradere but support in terms of getting fit, and quite often make new friends and get a social life too. Maybe something like a photography group, an organisation or charity where it is about helping others, a choir, a walking group, an art class, a local conservation group…the list is endless
- The power of music is proven to change your mindset. Listening and dancing to uplifting music, or nostalgic tunes, has an amzing effect on all aspects of your health and mood. If you’re feeling a little down, or anxious, put on a happy uplifting tune, and try not to feel better!
Just 10 ways to feed your Body Mind and Soul – we are all different, and you will know what works best for you, to help you feel happy and healthy.
Make time for YOU – look after YOU
If you want to know more – then do get in touch
As Janauary draws to a close, I thought I would recap on an amazing month, and start to the year.
I launched this great new website, created by Neil from Clockwork Moggy. Due to his skill, the webiste is much easier to navigate for You.
Carrie, also from Clockwork Moggy, created my wondeful new Logo, which I am so very pleased with. The logo is well thoughout, and represents the completeness and cycle of a circle, the iris of an eye, and the world, there are brain waves and arrows for direction and change, with my intitials within. The colours are my favourite; they are warm, and again they way they are blended represents how we as humans are colourful, complex, and warm, and all that we are is a blend of many things.
I now also have a room at Holcome Health Clinic, on the Chatham / Rochester boarder, with a most wonderful team.
Lou, Julie, Lisa, Tom, Geraldine with many health therapies now offered
I am also running more A2B Workshops, this month the workshop is MOTIVATE – helping you understand Motivation and how to get it, and keep it, and also to understand why we may lack it at times. My workshops are informative, thought provoking and fun. There are many interactive activities, including some goal setting and making Vision Boards. I get great feedback, mostly 10’s – which you will find on my website under testimonials.
I have also given talks on Confidence and mentored in a local school, as well as seeing clients on a 121 basis, for many things like Anxiety, and phobias, fear of flying, anger / stress and feelings of low self worth.
I can talk to you over the phone or via skype, if you would like to find out any more about what services and therapies I offer.